Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Back to school

Elaine and I restarted our weekly swim and lunch at the Hotel Grand Pacific yesterday and were a long way in thought from "Back to School"...great to be back in that routine and fun to be welcomed by our servers, Tina and Donna, and catch up on all their news. It seemed like yesterday Donna's little guy started kindergarten, now heading to Grade 6, first year of Middle School. And there's a whole new menu and new chefs so that will keep us occupied for a while trying all the new things. We went for the special yesterday of sable fish...wonderful!

I got a real kick out of my friend, Linda's, photo of her 6 yr. old grand daughter's new "Back to School shoes" bought by the other grandmother. Linda and I grew up in the same neighbourhood in Vancouver and we only had one pair of shoes for school...usually rather ugly Buster Brown oxfords in my case.

Oh...Linda emailed again to say there was also another pair that Lexi was wearing...