Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunshine!



Woke up to sunshine today and so far has continued. We had a wonderful lunch out on our deck watching the world go by. Wonderful that folks got a good day on the weekend to enjoy themselves.

Lunch was mussels and garlic toast...and wine, of course. Now, this is a real keeper. The mussels were from Capers...a pound in a butter and garlic sauce that you microwave for four minutes. They are from PEI and were fabulous and only $6.95. I'm sure I would pay more than that for a pound of mussels at a seafood store. They are vacuum packed and were good for about 10 days so I think we'll definitely have these on hand especially during the summer.

The garlic toast was a product at "No Frills" called Texas Toast and was a perfect accompaniment. This product was on sale for two bucks...16 pieces of toast. We had two pieces each for lunch and it was a perfect quantity. I think we'll have this on hand as well as it can be frozen easily.

I will continue to do most of my shopping at the Robson Street Safeway but No Frills that I walk to with my wheeled cart has some great products (President's Choice) and great buys so it's fun to go there as well to pick up a few things.

Speaking of shopping at Safeway, just in the time we've been here and not really focusing on it much I have collected enough Airmiles to get $175 worth of Keg gift cards. The Robson Street Safeway often has these bonus Airmile things like, spend $100 and get 150 miles (395 miles gets you a $50 Keg card). I seem to spend $100 even if I go just to pick up a few things.