Monday, December 13, 2010

Deux Chevaux

Smart cars always make me smile and so does the Deux Chevaux. Both suit interesting treatments. I love the red check tablecloth idea! Very appropriate since apparently the seats could be easily removed for a picnic. And I love the simple convertible concept where you just rolled back the canvas. Bill Vance had an article on them in the TC recently and concluded with:

" Over more than 42 years almost seven milliion of these fascinating little French flivvers were built. With nicknames like "rolling garden shed" and "tin snail" they were loved by millions for their basic simplicity, toughness, versatility and economy, all leavened by a lovely air of French whimsicality."







8 x 10 felt pens on paper
2001

Among the first things I drew when I began doing artwork.