Monday, November 15, 2010

Views from our room in Almeria, hams everywhere, and Huxley Conference scholars.





We’ve just spent a couple of wonderful days in Granada. What a fabulous place and Jesus (Jim’s colleague he’s been in touch with from Almeria University not the other Jesus...) has been great showing us around and driving us here from Almeria.

His suggestion of staying at the Alhambra Palace Hotel was perfect as we were a 5 minute walk from the Alhambra and we were high up with wonderful views of the city and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The hotel is super but didn’t have wireless just some way of connecting through the TV so I couldn’t post photos to my blog and we were pretty occupied so we didn’t bother. I must say this hotel has had the most luxurious toilettries I’ve ever had in a hotel...a brand called Pascal Morabito from Paris.

An interesting combination of the new and the ancient. I’ve been using my iphone to check the time by the bedside and also listening to the church bells ring off the hours...thank goodness they don’t start until 8am!

We all visited the Alhambra yesterday...what can I say..it really is the most amazing place as you will see from the photos.

When I post this we will be in Nerja...a couple of hours by coach and on the coast. We hope to get a swim in the ocean..

We have arrive in Nerja...wonderful village and loved the trip down by coach...fabulous scenery. More later about Nerja. Will post Granada photos in the next one and try to catch up!