Saturday, August 21, 2010

PNE parade











We had just the greatest time watching the parade yesterday evening...for once we got a good viewing place! When we were kids it went down Hastings and we were always way back in the crowd. I remember my Dad lifting me up on his shoulders so I could see better.

And it was great to see Red Robinson who was associated with rock and roll and everything cool when I was a teenager and Dal Richards, who was the Grand Marshal. We just loved seeing the groups with the big hair jiving and doing the twist. And the Elvis impersonator was perfect along with the big Elvis balloon.

And would you believe the first pipers' band to come through was playing "A Scottish Soldier". Remember, Derek and Mary, when Jim (as a joke because we thought the request thing was pretty hokey) requested the entertainer where we were someplace to play that and he actually did it!

Videos coming soon.