Saturday, May 08, 2010

I think summer might be here....

I guess my gazpacho spell worked! A perfect day to have Don and Elaine for dinner. I planned corn on the cob, potato salad, and baked provençale tomatoes to go with rack ofl lamb just to make it seem like summer anyway but the weather was perfect. We began with pastis on the deck and it was just like our old times together in the south of France. We used the pastis glasses we bought with them when we visited the House of Pastis in Marseilles.

For Wednesday lunch, Elaine and I had had a wine flight at Veneto that included Mourvèdre wine and we were very impressed. I probably have had this wine varietal but not knowing it. Elaine searched in their cellar and found one and the label notes were perfect:

"Mourvèdre is an exotic grape found in the Rhône and Provence regions of France, Spain, and Australia. It is a key component in Chateauneuf-du-Pape and has a starring role in Bandol. A perfect complement to herb roasted lamb..."






Seemed appropriate to take a photo of the wine bottle on my table I painted with the Hotel Splendide in Bandol.

Don reminded us of the $400 gambas lunch we had in Bandol...to die for but we had misread the price so were a little surprised but have had lots of laughs about it and no regrets.




Of course, Oscar came to visit...he knew the all time catlovers were here!