Sunday, April 18, 2010

My first blog post 8 years ago!

Thursday, April 18, 2002

Hello everyone. I'm going to use this space to post my art, photos, quicktime movies, and random scribblings. This is the first painting I did in France. I bought the fish direct from the fisherman just as he came into the port.The fish were excellent to eat and didn't quite look like what the painting turned out to be in the end. I kept wanting to add more colour than was really there. I'm sure there probably are fish this colour somewhere in the Mediterranean...
I've also included a painting I did of the port

Enjoy and send me email with your comments!







Back to the present...

Reading what I had written on Italy also made me realize how much I had forgotten about that trip. For a while I've had this idea of writing up my experiences in France and expanding on what I've already written. I realize now if I don't do this fairly soon I'm probably going to forget too much of what I haven't written down!

I seem to always find excuses to avoid this and yet I love writing my blog sooo....I thought I would try to fool myself by blogging some of this writing I want to do. We'll see what happens. Seems like a good thing to begin on the 8th anniversary of my blog. My working title is "Provence and Paintbrushes".