Friday, January 01, 2010

A good start...

I would say the first day of the new year and the new decade began very well. I began reading one of my Christmas books, "Death at La Fenice" by Donna Leon. Wow, a new (to me) mystery writer who I am liking very much and she's written a big whack of these mysteries so lots to enjoy. And they take place in Venice...what a bonus! I think anyone who has been to Venice just loves just about anything that takes place in Venice. Such a magical place...even though it was cold, raining, and St. Mark's was flooding...nothing can spoil Venice.

One of the things Ian gave us for Christmas was lots of this wonderful fudge from Tim Horton's. This will have to be a Christmas tradition...thanks, Ian.

So, eating fudge, discovering a new mystery writer, reading about Venice...and of course Oscar in my lap. Does it get any better than this?











And of course Oscar got to be with his favourite buddy...