Friday, December 25, 2009

A good time is had by all

Jim decided to give Richard his kilt outfit since it's a bit tight on him and not that comfortable and also his tux which he doesn't wear anymore. The kilt is special because Bill Thomas gave it to him and Susan Carr knit the socks...they will all be in good hands. The tux got bought because of that stint Jim did at Royal Roads Military College and had to go to a few black tie events. The military doesn't let you choose what you wear...

We also gave Richard our old picnic basket and the old red check tablecloth...stains and all. Richard has a lot of fond memories of picnics with this old basket and it took me a while to find it but I did.

The turkey in a box turned out pretty well and Jim and Richard did any work there was to be done. Next year Richard is taking charge of the Christmas Eve turkey dinner or it might be a brined roast chicken. Anything I don't have to do any work for will be great!


He looks like a real Scot don't you think?



My Dad's violin is the perfect prop.







I love seeing men in the kitchen...not a common site around here but Jim is making brunch as I post.







Oscar got very comfy with Richard this morning.



Only Elaine could find such a perfect gift for me...bright colours and cats!



Jim got some real finds for my books this year.