Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Another day in paradise...

Drove Jim out to UBC where he got some very interesting research then I went to Granville Island via Spanish Banks where I took lots of photos. I think I must paint this view. Of course Oyama Saucage was an important stop and I bought some dry saucage, the big specialty in France, some British style bacon that we had for breakfast today, and some duck pate with B.C. Bing cherries, and some Comte cheese from France which we love.

Now, Don, get ready for the link saucage I bought...Butter Chicken, Teriyaki Beef, Tequila Lime, and Lemon Lamb...mouth watering yet? Maybe we should think of a bar-b-q Thursday night?

I think everyone in Vancouver took the day off to go swimming at Kits...no hope of getting a parking place so went to English Bay and parked at the Sylvia. Wonderful warm swim but we were hot. I think we'll go to Second Beach today in Stanley Park.

Have a super dinner with Richard and Claudia at L'altro buca...a new trattoria in the Buchan Hotel. Fabulous food and service and a wonderful night to be out on the patio.




















I liked the name of this sailboat...Allons-y (Let's go) The woman just told her family not to go wandering around the market...guess they were sent on a special buying mission.