Thursday, June 25, 2009

BA cost-cutting measures: 800 staff offer to work for free - Telegraph

This article was in the Telegraph today just as I was about to post my photos of the Concorde that I toured when we were in Seattle. There is a very interesting Museum of Flight that I hadn't visited before. Loads of things but what really attracted me was being able to tour a Concorde. I was always fascinated by this plane and was fortunate enough to see it flying on a special run in Vancouver and seeing it on the tarmac a couple of times in Heathrow. Those heady days of flying being fun and exciting are now over with the security problems and now the economic downturn. Makes me glad we've done lots of travelling.

BA cost-cutting measures: 800 staff offer to work for free - Telegraph


This photo doesn't do it justice but it's still beautiful to me.



Not exactly luxurious seating but think of travelling at supersonic speed!



I hope at least the bathroom furnishings were real marble...