Friday, May 08, 2009

An exciting new hobby

Kerry has been turned onto quilting and it seems like such a super hobby that allows you to work with colour and be creative doing something with your hands. She got into it when a friends of Katie's was giving a baby shower for her and wanting everyone to do a quilt square for a mothering quilt. She's made a couple of quilts for Harmony...I l especially love the one with the African theme.

Making placemats and tablerunners seem like a good idea for gifts and I see that you can make a memory quilt from photos with this product. Endless possibilites it seems with this activity.

Miracle Fabric Sheets

I've suggested to Kerry to keep a portfolio of her work especially as she will be giving away a lot. A neighbour suggested this to me and it's been a great idea especially since I've given away about 100 items of artwork. I remember talking to P.K. Page about her artwork that she never took photos of and many are out there in places she doesn't know.


Kerry's first quilt...the African theme is so perfect.



Quilt #2...wonderful colours for Harmony.