Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bo's Diary

I know I posted a whole lot of text yesterday but I read this in the Globe and Mail and thought it was very funny. Just think...I could be raving on about how brilliant Obama is but then I think everyone is beginning to get that...


DAVID MARTIN

From Wednesday's Globe and Mail

April 29, 2009 at 2:00 AM EDT

Jan. 20: I finally graduate from obedience school. Apparently, a bunch of other Portuguese water dogs went through this same school. Boy, am I tired of hearing, “Why can't you be like those nice Kennedy dogs?”

Jan. 21 – March 12: Sleep, eat, poop and lick myself.

March 13: A couple of burly guys in suits take me in a big black car to a big white house. I think I'm being kidnapped, but the next thing I know, this nice family shows up and starts playing with me. The two kids are real cute and I stay on my best behaviour. Hey, you never know. Maybe they'll adopt me. Sadly, the two guys in suits take me back to the kennel.

April 12: Great news! One of the young puppies here is being paper trained and I get a peek at today's front page. Big headline about the President and his family getting a Portie and a picture of the dog who looks a whole lot like me. Man, that big lawn looks inviting.

April 13: I'm so excited, I can only sleep 14 hours today. Almost forget to lick myself. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I can't help picturing myself marking my territory in every room of that big white house.

April 14: All right – in your face, Labradoodles! Two different burly guys in suits arrive and take me away in another black car. I'm so excited, I almost pee on the back seat. But I figure I better hold it in so I don't jeopardize my chances at getting a new family.

April 15: Wow! This has been one exciting day. My new family makes a big fuss over me, especially the two girls. I'm so busy posing for pictures and looking cute that I hardly get a chance to use that great lawn. Oh well, there'll be lots of opportunities to leave little presents out there soon. In fact, I see another burly guy with a suit and an earpiece holding a plastic bag. He doesn't look very happy.

April 20: Receive a letter of congratulations from a dog named Barney who claims he used to live in this same house. He tells me to hang out in the big kitchen downstairs where I can get “mucho scraps,” as he puts it, especially if I do something cute like pee on the French president's leg.

April 24: Almost get in big trouble. I'm just lying around in the Yellow Oval Room, enjoying the sun, when the mom shows up with this lady she calls the Queen of Jordan. Well, I started jumping up and down on the visitor just to show her how adorable I am, but I accidentally knocked a cup of coffee on her dress. The mom shoos me out of the room and says something about how if I wasn't already neutered, she'd be ready to “do a Jesse Jackson” on me.

April 30: When Barney wrote me, he warned me to stay away from the vice-president's office because there was a really scary guy in there. But, of course, I can't resist and have to go exploring. I enter the office very carefully, but the guy in there isn't scary at all. In fact, he keeps petting me and talking to me so long that I finally leave because I'm afraid of falling asleep.