Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First golf game for months....

I was really thrilled that I could actually walk around this Par 3 course and hit the ball reasonably well...I parred the first and last hole (usually I put it in the water on the last hole!). The walking on the soft grass seemed to do my back and knee good and on the way back we sat in the sun having lunch at a little fish and chip place in Palm Desert. Then hot tub, swim, lazing in the sun. I actually read some of my book. Although the high today was apparently 65 F and the comment about the weather was "Shiver my timbers" we were in the direct sun while playing and it felt like about 75 F. I wouldn't have wanted it hotter.


I'm pretty proud of this first shot after such a layoff...on the green and pretty close to the tee.


We do enjoy the views on the little golf course...$10 for 9 holes today since it was "senior's day".


More views.


We were pleasantly surprised that a number of the dogs who used to howl don't seem to be around but we would have missed our old friend, Patch, who is on the left. He usually waited until we teed off to bark then wagged he tail and twirled around for us. No more friendly antics now since he has a new pal who didn't appreciate me taking a photo...I think poor old Patch thought he had to act tough.