Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes, we can...




"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today."

- Martin Luther King

Can anything be more appropriate today than these few words from Dr. King's famous speech. I remember studying this speech in a rhetoric course in 1976 at the University of Oregon when Jim and I were doing graduate work and was very moved by this passage. I don't think then I could have conceived of this day and guess that these words would become known to so many people.

What a wonderful feeling of hope in the United States and the world.

This is the full text of this amazing speech.

The I Have a Dream Speech - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net