Sunday, November 16, 2008

My latest painting

I've had the background done on this painting for quite a while as I really liked it and didn't want to mess it up doing something that I knew would be difficult for me...the Saltspring Island ferry (Howe Sound Queen) that makes the Crofton-Saltspring run. I did try to put a classic Volkswagon Van on the ferry but it ended up looking like an insect from outer space hence what's there.

I've posted the photo that inspired the painting. I took it when we were heading back from lunch and a swim on Saltspring at Carol and John's last summer. I felt the painting needed the wood chip barge from Crofton and also the Saltspring ferry and the little sailboat balanced things off.


"Crofton Bound"
16 x 20 acrylic on canvas
Nov/08



Photo I took that day from the ferry.