Monday, October 13, 2008

How to Salvage an Undercooked Turkey

This would have come in very handy last night except the power went out all over the south Island at 5:40! It came back on in about an hour so Monique and her niece from France, Annelise, were able to get out of the garage, the Curlings just missed getting stuck in the elevator, weird things going on with the turkey, and I managed to drop a glass dish of cranberry sauce on the floor...thanks Richard and Jim for cleaning it up.

How to Salvage an Undercooked Turkey | eHow.com

The Curlings just sold their truck and camper yesterday so we could have used their oven and stove. The Bings fired up their bar-b-q so we might have been able to heat the gravy at least. Chrystal and Colin were having an especially big group too. We both came out on our front porches at the same time and threw up our hands.

I think I have cooked my last turkey...raclette for Christmas!


Claudia, Richard, Annelise, & Jim


The Curlings, Ian, and Monique in there somewhere.

One bloody disaster after another! I didn't think this new Java log I bought was burning very well...they were fantastic last year. I noticed it was still smouldering just about 15 minutes ago today. So that means getting it out of there and then the smoke really comes. We used the turkey roaster for the ashes...I won't be using it again. Then hosing it down outside. What next?