Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

aka The Republican Convention...a sea of white faces and blue rinse.

I think a commentator on Larry King Live last night said it best:

"Watching the Republican Convention is like watching the trailer of a scary movie."

It will be interesting to see what Riflewoman has to say in her speech tonight. In an article in the New York Times today it recounts that when she was first mayor she tried to ban some library books and fire the librarian who protested. When she wasn't successful she dismissed it all as "rhetoric" on her part. I'm curious as to what her rhetoric will be tonight.

She appears to have one redeeming quality...a sense of humour. "What’s the difference between a pit bull and a hockey mum,” she asks. “It’s lipstick.” (From the British tabloid The Sun)

* To my faithful blog readers. As you know I generally try to stay out of rants and politics but I am indulging myself this week. I promise you I will have no comment on the upcoming non-event of the election in Canada. What if they had an election and no one voted? Seems like the perfect response to me.

** Perhaps I need a caveat on the sense of humour. I just read in the TC today that she repeatedly laughed on air during a January radio interview as the host used words including "cancer" and "bitch" to describe one of her political opponents, a woman who happens to be a cancer survivor.