Thursday, July 24, 2008

It was worth the price of gas!

I was filling up yesterday and a nice young man was across from me filling up his motorbike. I asked him if he "wanted to trade gas bills". He replied that his was four dollars...mine was over fifty. I told him I used to fill up my Honda 50 scooter for 20 cents and added that that was over 40 years ago. He replied, "Wow, I must compliment you...you're looking really good for being over 40 years old!" Like I said, he was a really nice young man...

I bought my Honda 50 the summer I graduated from high school and it was great to have wheels for such little cost. The 20 cent tank of gas took me 200 miles, insurance was $35 a year, and the sticker price was $195. I bought it from Sears so got my 10% employer discount as well.

Mine was a sky blue colour but this is the model: