Sunday, July 13, 2008

The best paella ever....

It's the best paella ever because Don was well and able to enjoy it....and it also was the best I've ever made! I added a few ideas to my recipe from Eric Akis' paella recipe. And it was complemented perfectly with two wonderful Spanish wines the Curlings brought over from their cellar. Wow!

Elaine had told me that they had bought something funky for Jim for this birthday (which is today....Happy Birthday, Jim!) but I could never have guessed a scarecrow! It's absolutely wonderful especially with his Osh Gosh outfit and we have named him Hamish. He has pride of place in our garden...a perfect gift as Jim is always discouraging crows with water hoses, pretending to throw things, etc.



We began with rose de Provence, tapenade, and saucage...very south of France.



Mouths are watering..



The star of the show...my paella.



Jim and I with "Hamish".