Monday, June 09, 2008

My latest paintings

I can't believe I've done so few paintings last year and this year. It seems that only the south of France inspiries me to do a lot of paintings on site...hence the output for 2002, 2003, 2005. Although we were in the south of France last June it was just for a week and I didn't take my paints.

I was intrigued by these adobe houses in Austin. Since I haven't painted much lately I wanted to start with something simple and the subject got very simplified by the time I was finished. Although these houses in context were in a lush deciduous tree environment I felt like put them in the desert. I think I must do more cactus because you really can just make them up there are so many different varieties. Perhaps I'll focus more on this in the desert next winter and give up on my beloved San Jacinto mountains because they seem to defeat me every time.



"Red Adobe House"
8 x 8 acrylic on canvas
June/08



"Green Adobe House"
8 x 8 acrylic on canvas
June/08

These are the original photographs: