Saturday, April 19, 2008

Houston Zoo

The Zoo is quite close to the hotel so I got the shuttle driver to take me there. It was quite fun even though there were a zillion excited and screaming kids as this little video will attest to.



I always enjoy zoos and it's fun seeing animals I'm very familiar with such as sea otters, deer, raccoons, and eagles.


This fellow did open an eye while I was watching otherwise absolutely still.



This Rio Grande Turkey was magnificent to watch strutting around and fanning his tail feathers. I might have to rethink eating turkey...



This poor old eagle didn't look too happy. He was injured in the wild and can't be released.



This was the prairie dog enclosure. I thought it was quite neat the way they had these plastic things the kids could go up in amongst them.