Saturday, February 23, 2008

Richard and Claudia come to visit

We had a super time with Richard and Claudia and really enjoyed meeting Claudia. She's a great person and we had lots of laughs together. They did get a few rays of sunshine and got some swimming and hottubbing in.

They're off camping now in Joshua Tree. The forecast isn't perfect but I notice tonight is clear so sounds like Richard will get the starry (if somewhat cool and windy) night he was hoping for. Friends from Sacramento are driving down and joining them. They're young and I'm sure they'll have fun anyway. We've told them they can come back here anytime in the middle of the night if things really get bad.

They had a good time in LA. Before coming here they went to MOKA (a LA art museum) and saw an interesting exhibition and bought me a bookbag for my collection. They also found the sequel to Graham Roumieu's "Me Write Book" which is a graphic novel I found very funny. This one is called "In Me Own Words". They wanted to cook dinner but I told Richard a few days before that I would pick something up since they had a pretty full day and could run into traffic problems. They didn't have any problems with traffic fortunately...unlike last year when it took Richard 7 hours to get here from LA (it was Friday of the Presidents Day weekend, accidents, etc.) I'm glad they didn't have to deal with that.

The night before they were in the Beverly Hills area to shop, have dinner, and go to an Improv show and while shopping they ended up being in a paparazzi scrum for Brittney Spears! They figure they'll probably be in the background of some photos. The night ended with Richard being shat upon by a pigeon much to Claudia's hilarity and Richard's dismay. Everyone says that's good luck but I think the victims aren't so convinced!

It was really fun to have them!





Richard fulfilling Claudia's brunch order of saucages, banana waffles and scrambled eggs...I was impressed!



My way cool MOKA bookbag.



An example from the "Bigfoot" book...these really tickle my fancy.