Thursday, October 25, 2007

Notes from the prairie

I arrived in Edmonton safe and sound and the plane was even 20 minutes early!

It got up to 25C yesterday for a bit (a record) but very cool today but wonderfully clear and sunny. Had a great dinner last night at the restaurant at the theatre..Alberta prime rib was fabulous and the play, "I Claudia" was excellent. I was very impressed with the theatre complex...three theatres and lots of plays going on.

I don't think I would have recognized Edmonton from our time here at Otto and Janette's wedding 35 years ago. Amazing development...over a million here now.

It's been great to see Kerry and Roger and then Donna and Neil arrived today and we've been having lots of laughs.

It's cooler today but wonderfully clear and sunny. I enjoyed our walk yesterday around a ravine area close by and have an idea for a painting already. We're off now to buy painting supplies for Kerry...she is going to become a convert!