Friday, September 07, 2007

Itty Bitty Book Review and more

"Persepolis 2" by Marjane Satrapi

This is the second volume following her first graphic novel that focuses on her growing up in Iran and then leaving Iran as a young adult. This volume is about her time in Austria and then back in Iran. I think I liked the first volume more...somehow the drawings were more charming but I enjoyed this one as well.

I just finished reading this book so I was thrilled to see that an animated film has been made and it opened TIFF. Satrapi is one of the directors! Good on her as it sounds like it was a great success. I hope it will be shown at the Palm Springs Film Festival in January when we're down there.

I now start my day on the computer by checking my cousin's photolog and the Daily Dose of ImageryThe "Daily Dose" fellow posts a photo every day which you can pick up with this link. To get the photo about the TIFF (Toronto Film Festival) you will have to pick up the Sept 7 post (use the previous day option). For the Sept 7 post he has some photos of the film festival and also a photo of Satrapi and the other director.