Friday, July 27, 2007

More new and old...

Thanks to Richard who not only got the new TV set up and advised us on what to buy but he also set up my new laptop which I'm loving. It was a lot of work for him this weekend but he did get to see Kristen and Karen who were up from San Francisco and also scored an old MacPlus from Stephen. These old machines have a lot of sentimental value for him as this is the computer he learned his first computer program (hypercard) on and of course the rest is history!

The MacPlus was my first computer that was mine alone so it is special for me too. I had previously shared an old Adam with Jim and Richard which saved data on a cassette tape (no kidding!) and we did email with a 300 baud modem....very slow but then everything was text based so not a big deal.

Trusty old MacPlus