Thursday, July 05, 2007

A few things I've been reading

I can't believe how little I've read in the last while or so.

"From Stone Orchard: A Collection of Memories" by Timothy Findley

Bronwen lent me this and I really enjoyed reading about their adventures on the farm they lived on in Ontario. I'll have to look and see if he's written about the house in Provence.

"The Bean Trees" by Barbara Kingsolver

Great stuff...really enjoyed this.

"Nobody's Mother: Life Without Kids"

An anthology of women reflecting on not having children. I mainly read the selections from people I know or know of and these were very interesting but wasn't really motivated to read beyond that.

"Digital Fortress" by Dan Brown

I've now read the last Dan Brown. I was saving it for a long plane ride and it did the trick. Otherwise very forgettable and mediocre.