Sunday, February 11, 2007

La Quinta Art Show

We went to the old town of La Quinta yesterday to see their outdoor art show. It's always fun to visit this little village and we had a great lunch sitting outside in the sun. There were some interesting things to see in terms of the art. I was most interested in how some of the artists did these wonderful mountains...not sure if it will help me do it myself but always good to see what other peopel do. Someone had painted market umbrellas. They looked great and it is something I could do but they wear out so quickly in our climate I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

On the way back we went into Penny's and each got a pair of athletic shoes we would normally pay over a hundred dollars for for 40 bucks each...a combination of sale price and special coupon. Yesterday we had our first Wal-Mart experience and were very impressed with the prices. We bought some inexpensive tennis racquets to fool around with since we have tennis courts here. Also a hot tea maker for 20 bucks which we are enjoying very much since we don't have a kettle here and the teapot drips. I've been missing my tea maker!