Thursday, February 08, 2007

I beat the pro!

Jim and I played a Par 3 golf course yesterday in Palm Desert. I want to start off slowly since I haven't played for a while. Wonderful views of the San Jacinto Mountains...I'll have to remember to take my camera next time. And I will try to paint them from that view. My first painting will be of our cactus garden on our patio. I haven't painted for a while either so will start off with something I think I can do...I never really know if I will be able to do anything!

But back to the big news. I actually beat Jim by one stroke on this course. He was ahead slightly then on the last hole I hit the green on my tee shot and made a par. Jim hit the green as well but it bounced into the sand trap in a really awkward place to get a shot. You needed to be a mountain goat. He managed get it out but the shot went into the water hazard, then he hacked his way to the hole...very sweet!