Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Embraced by the San Jacinto Mountains

I do love these wonderful mountains that surround us here. There is something very spiritual about them. My friend, Claire, really feels that and feels almost compelled to go hiking in them 2 or 3 times a week when she and Tom are down here. I will continue to try to capture them with paint this time. Of course, nothing will ever compete for my heart than the mountains and ocean of the Vancouver skyline however these are very special. The two are so opposite really...cool, wet, coastal and dry, warm desert.

I think my first painting will be these lovely little cactus garden and fountain on our patio. And then the tangelo orange tree. I'm going to start simple this year. I got frustrated trying to do these mountains last year. We have a wonderful view of them from the pool so I shall get them clearly in my mind before starting.