Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Looks like a clear day for the mountain passes

We'll be going from Salem to Redding today and everything looks clear. Great to have Internet on tap to check and Linda sent me a site with webcams on the passes to that's really handy to have as well.

We had a relaxing drive to Salem yesterday and went to the Red Lobster restaurant for the first time ever. We were impressed...casual and quite reasonable and excellent quality food. I, of course, had the seafood feast, Jim had a steak again but we shared...i.e Jim had half my seafood and I had a bit of steak. Started with lobster rolls and crab and shrimps stuffed mushroom caps. Loved the cheese baking powder biscuits.

Will have to wait until Richard comes to visit mid-Feb to get my photos up. Jim did something weird with my Flickr set up on the laptop. Richard had it in "Flickr for Dummies" mode for me.