Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Latest Painting


"Container Ship & Olympic Mountains"
16 x 20 acrylic on canvas
Oct/06

After all the fiddling with the Matisse Chapel painting I wanted to do something quickly just splashing on colour so did a version of a photo that I really liked. I'm quite proud of this photo especially since my cousin, John, who is a professional photographer thought it was good as well!




For the painting I used these new "interactive acrylics"...the idea is you can keep wetting them and continue to work with them rather like oil paint. I guess I'm just too used to using my fast drying acrylics and missed being able to rub things out. With these I ended up rubbing everything out not just the thing I wanted to.



Using Interactive / Atelier Interactive / Products / Chroma