Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Introducing the Itty Bitty Book Review

Every month or so I've been posting "What I've been reading lately..." and I generally copy the brief notes I've made in my book journal. I've been keeping this journal since I retired six years ago and its purpose was mainly to remind me what I had read and something about it since my mind seems a complete sieve when it comes to remembering what I've read. My journal is getting towards the end of its pages and since I now make a hard copy of my blogs I'm going to skip the writing in the journal part and post my impressions of books as I go along...hence the "itty bitty" part.

I have a disclaimer in my written book journal that goes like the following and this will apply to these writings as well.

"To anyone who happens on this little notebook. My sole criteria for my jottings is that I didn't feel I had to be profound, accurate, or make sense to even myself. Please read these scribblings with this in mind."