Friday, September 09, 2005

Tourists in our own home town...

We chose the Inner Harbour and environs for our walk the other day. People even tried to help us find our way...did we really look that dazed and confused?

Seeing Victoria from this point of view does bring home our rather poorly developed prime waterfront areas. I'm not sure which is worse...the mundane cookie cutter condos of the Songhees or the steel and glass montrosities around Fisherman's Wharf. I took a lot of pictures but I can't really find anything inspiring to paint except the houseboats.



Fern and Carole playing tourist


I'm not sure I'd like to live permanently in a houseboat but an exchange for a while could be fun.


Someone shouted at me while I was taking this picture...good thing I looked like a tourist. I figured I'd start speaking French if he came after me.